Friday, May 7, 2010

Slow month take off

Nothing too exciting so far this month poker wise. I decided to reduce the amount of tables I am playing from 9 to 6 with the plan to play less auto pilot and therefore not only to concentrate more on some leaks I still have but also to try out other lines in certain situations. The plan works out pretty decent up to now. My confidence in my game comes slowly back and it is always fun to try out new things at the tables. I am just thinking a lot latley about the game in general, had this week already two good sweats and on top of that watched a vid from Split. It is pretty cool that he is now doing vids for Card Runners after Stox Poker got shut down since I realy like the stuff he is publishing. So everything together a lot of things which will improve my own play a lot.

Besides this it seems there is although some improvement in my mental game. Yesterday I checked out my current results at NL50 and I realized I am down ~$700 from my peak in March. The good thing is I am not upset about this nor feel sorry for myself. I know I have just a rough time and that this part of the game. There is no reason to stress myself to get it all back fast becasue that is not how it works in poker. There are times where nothing works your way but that is just short term. We can not influence the results in poker but the thign we an influence is the way we play. So just make the right decesions and everything even out in the long run. Ít took a long time for me to realize this but I am happy to be now a lot closer to the mind set needed in poker.

Today is the start of the 16th Mini-FTOPS. I will play in event #1, a $20 No-Limit Hold`em tournament. From my experience in the past I think the field will be around 6k entrants with a first price of ~$25k!
Ship it one time please lol.

Not sure yet about tomorrow. I will probably play the the $10 Rebuy (event #5) but I am not sure about the $20 Turbo Rush (event #6) yet. The field is probably pretty weak since a lot of people play aweful in a turbo structure (blind levels are increasing faster than normal) and it is although Rush, a variation which seems to attract a lot of fishs latley.

In case I bink the tourney today you guys are the first to be knowing it ;)

Sigh final exams are in four days, I am happy when I have this shit behind me.

r2w

1 comment:

  1. Had a similar experience myself recently. I just keep on losing from a long time and somewhere got a doubt on my poker skills. But poker would not let me go, I keep on play online poker and it keeps me active. whenever I get a depression the only thing which strikes in my mind is to play poker which helps me to get into the mood again. hope is to win at holdem that's the only target which is left for me right now.

    ReplyDelete